The global FIFPro footballers union has joined the request to suspend competitions due to the threat of the coronavirus, expressed by numerous players from around the world and by the AFE itself, and has called for “transparent, reasonable and consistent decisions to be made throughout the football industry.”“We ask that employers and organizers of competitions respect the wishes of players to take precautionary measures in the short term, including the suspension of training and competitions. We support players who have requested the suspension or postponement of soccer activities in their countries or regions, “FIFPro said in a statement.The union recalled that “international travel and party attendance create a high risk that affects everyone from spectators and players to referees and club staff.” “To provide a reliable and clear course of action that prioritizes people and public health, we ask the authorities and the organizers of the competitions to make transparent, reasonable and consistent decisions based on the advice of governments,” he asked.In addition, FIFPRO stressed that “professional football is greatly affected by this situation in multiple ways.” “Closed matches and cancellations have a considerable effect on the income of small and medium-sized clubs. Therefore, the football industry should consider extraordinary solidarity measures to protect the industry and support clubs that need it through, for example, financial assistance or advance payments “, he proposed.
The Argentine striker also referred to his truncated option, due to his injury, of having signed for Barcelona: “I always say that the most beautiful thing in the world would be to be able to throw a wall with Messi. But things happen for something. I take this as one more obstacle. Due to the injury, Barcelona did not happen, but it will be for a reason. Maybe when I come back I will do better than before and have other opportunities. ”Regarding the current situation in our country, he said: “It is very sad. Watching the movie live is horrible. There are people who have lost loved ones. What we are experiencing is very serious ”. Regarding his personal situation, he commented: “My recovery is clinical and I have authorization to go do it. I’m quarantining at home, with my mother, my brother, my wife and my two daughters“ In an interview with the Argentine radio station Radio Cut, the Osasuna forward, Chimy Ávila, who at the end of January suffered a serious knee injury, revealed that when he was injured he could not have accepted the 20% reduction in salary, according to which club and players arrived last week due to the serious situation caused by COVID-19: “We have signed an agreement to lower our salary. I could have signed it or not because being on leave does not affect me and I could have received my full salary, but the situation is very sad and I agreed to lower my salary to help the club“
Medical Update: An MRI confirmed that Kristaps Porzingis tore the ACL in his left knee.— NY_KnicksPR (@NY_KnicksPR) February 7, 2018FEATURED STORIESSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folk Nonito Donaire vs Naoya Inoue is BWAA 2019 Fight of the Year Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Porzingis had scored 10 points before he was hurt.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Pyeongchang Games set to open with Russians still in doubt Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina New York Knicks forward Kristaps Porzingis lies on the ground after being injured during the first half of the team’s NBA basketball game against the Milwaukee Bucks, Tuesday, Feb. 6, 2018, at Madison Square Garden in New York. (AP Photo/Mary Altaffer)NEW YORK — All-Star Kristaps Porzingis left the Knicks’ game against Milwaukee in the second quarter Tuesday night with a left knee injury.The Knicks said in an update that Porzingis has torn the Anterior Cruciate Ligament in his left knee, MRI results showed.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ LATEST STORIES Porzingis dunked with 8:46 left in the half and landed awkwardly, crashing to the court and holding his left knee. He was eventually helped up and taken to the locker room. Newsome sets focus on helping Bolts open new PBA season on right track Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Almazan vows to comeback stronger after finals heartbreak Michael Porter Jr. stays patient as playing time increases View comments
Following two years of legal wrangling over a trademark infringement lawsuit against Housseni Kessell, a Lebanese businessman, Judge Chan-Chan Paegar of the Commercial Court on Wednesday ruled that the court lacked legal jurisdiction to determine the case.Article 42(2) of the Intellectual Property Act of 2003 provides that the registered owner of a trademark shall in addition to any other rights institute court proceedings against any person, who infringes the mark by using it without the owner’s agreement, or who perform acts which make it likely that infringement will occur.Also, from Article 2 (2) and 4 of the Act, Judge Paegar said the head of the Industrial Property Office, a director shall be appointed by the President to manage the affairs of the agency and enforce all of the provisions of the Act and the head shall be entrusted with all functions relating to the procedure for the grant of patents and the registration of industrial designs, marks and collective marks as specified in this act and regulation.Besides those provisions, the Commercial Court was established in 2010 to hear and fast-track all commercial related matters with transparency and fairness.BAF Trading Corporation, the company that filed the infringement lawsuit, included the Liberia Industrial Property Office (LIPO) and the Ministry of Commence (MOC) for allegedly facilitating the duplication of its trademark certificate to import “Pop Drink” in favor of HK Enterprise, owned by Housseni Kessell.BAF had obtained the trademark for ten (10) years from the LIPO in 2010, of which BAF claimed that without any violation LIPO and MOC issued the same trademark to HK, Enterprise in 2014.It was based on that alleged illegal transaction that BAF’s legal team asked Judge Paegar to declare their rights under the law.But, Judge Paegar insisted that in keeping with the law the Liberia Industrial Property Office (LIPO) has original jurisdiction over the case, instead of the court, although he sat and listened attentively to the witnesses testimonies during the two years of legal battle.“The administration of all matters relating to the issuance, revocation and safeguarding of industrial marks and patents devolves on the LIPO, and as such, this administrative agency by law, has original jurisdiction over and in all such matters,” Judge Paegar’s judgment emphasized.For that purpose, the commercial court judge indicated, “LIPO is granted the police power to discharge such duties in collaboration with several ministries including justice, commence, finance and related agency of government.”Judge Paegar quoted the Supreme Court opinions and said it provides, “in matters of over which a government agency has been expressly given original jurisdiction, a court is prohibited from exercising original jurisdiction.”“Regarding this opinion,” the commercial court judge stated, “this court cannot assume and exercise original jurisdiction as is been urged by BAF Trading Corporation.” Immediately, after Judge Paegar’s judgment, BAF import manager, Boubacar S. Balde briefed journalists that the judgment was a “mockery of justice.” “Our lawyers, Cllr. Tiawan Gongloe rejected the judgment and he appealed it,” Balde said.“If Judge Paegar knew that his court lacks jurisdiction why did he allow us to waste money and time bringing witnesses and hiring lawyers for the case,” the import manager wondered.According to Balde, at the onset of the case, LIPO’s resource officer was subpoenaed by Judge Paegar to testify into the matter, which he did. “The resource officer openly testified that there was no records in the data base of the agency to show the registration of HK Enterprise for the trademark, but the judge claimed that his court lacks jurisdiction to hear the matter,” Balde, tearfully explained.He claimed that LIPO’s then acting director, Roberts Mezzeh, informed them that he revoked their trademark certificate and subsequently issued it to HK Enterprise, because the manufacturer of “Pop drink” terminated their contract.“Even if that were true, does it warrant any reason for him to revoke our trademark and issue it to the Lebanese businessman because of the manufacturer terminating the contract?” he asked. “Does a manufacturer have any right to our trademark legally acquired from reputable government agency like LIPO? Trademark is issued by law and nobody can revoke it unless there is a violation by the holder of that mark, but in our case there is nowhere LIPO showed that we violated the mark,” he claimed.“I don’t know why Judge Paegar refused to rule into the matter after hearing its merit, but the Supreme Court will now decide who has the right to the trademark,” Balde confidently said.“What surprises, us are that LIPO issued the trademark without our concern and without calling us to say, ‘somebody has applied for the trademark, but come so that we can all settle that matter.’ We explained everything to Judge Paegar; still he said we should go back to LIPO for further investigation,” Balde explained. “The judgment now scares us business people to bring cases of this nature to the commercial court that was established to promote fair business practice,” BAF’s import manager noted.“With all of our explanations – for Judge Paegar to say he does not have any original jurisdiction – that is unbelievable. But we will remain law-abiding until we can get a result either in favor or against.“What we want is for justice to be done whether or not our trademark registration was done illegally, we just want to hear from the Supreme Court,” Balde said, hoping for justice. Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
We’re still 75 millimeters short of the monthly norm but, Fort St. John has totalled 8.2 millimeters of rain, in the past 24 hours. Most of it fell in the thunder and lightning storm, which struck last night just before midnight. It followed another very warm day yesterday, with a high temperature of 29.5 degrees. However, it again fell about two degrees short, of the July 3rd record set two years ago, at 31.4. Today we’re looking for a high of only 26, so the 1968 daily record, of 31.7 seems safe. We’re also expecting more rain today but, judging by the forecast, the 1971 July 4th record, of 31.7 millimeters, also appears to be safe.- Advertisement –
Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin 1 Southampton manager Ronald Koeman has revealed the club have NOT received what he calls a “serious bid” from Manchester United for wantaway midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin.The French midfielder has made no secret of his desire to leave St Mary’s over the last 12 months, with Arsenal long-term admirers.It is thought the Gunners have now dropped their interest, though, with Man United boss Louis van Gaal reportedly preparing a bid of around £25million for the 25-year-old.And, while Koeman insists Saints are yet to receive said offer, the Dutch coach admits he fears over his talisman’s future.“We have some doubts about players,” he said on Monday.“We have the situation with Morgan Schneiderlin, we will have to wait what will happen.“Until now, we have not a serious bid for him from Man United. We will wait, but OK – that’s business that normally starts from now.”Another player Koeman has “doubts” over, is Belgium centre-back Toby Alderweireld, who has returned to Spanish outfit Atletico Madrid after his loan spell on the south coast reached its conclusion at the end of last season.Alderweireld was a bit hit during his time at St Mary’s, and was one of the club’s stand-out performers as Saints finished seventh in the Premier League – their highest ever placing in the division.“The player likes to stay, we like to keep the player but it’s a little difficulty at the moment with Atletico Madrid, I have a good hope he will stay for Southampton,” added Koeman of the 26-year-old defender.
With Sir Alex Ferguson plugging his new book, the belligerent Scotsman was always going to ruffle a few feathers.The legendary Manchester United boss has made several revelations in his latest tome, called ‘Leading’, including the top stars he missed out on, the men he wanted to replace him, and more.One topic that seemed to rankle Red Devils fans, though, was Fergie claiming he only managed four world-class stars at Old Trafford.Cristiano Ronaldo, Ryan Giggs, Eric Cantona and Paul Scholes were the men he named, but Man United supporters weren’t happy.You can see how they reacted on Twitter below… 1 Sir Alex Ferguson
A recent protest by locals at Cockhill Bridge in Buncrana.A delegation of Inishowen Municipal District Councillors attended a delegation meeting with Minister Pascal Donohue T.D. Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport in Dublin. The delegation group presented the case for construction of a new bridge at Cockhill, Buncrana.They outlined the justification in terms of pedestrian and vehicular safety, access through west Inishowen and the development of the area together with the adjacent Wild Atlantic Way. They emphasised the importance of the location of the new bridge as it sits on the alignment and route of the new Inner and Outer Relief Roads for Buncrana. The estimate for construction of the new bridge is €3million and it is expected that this cost would be spread over two years.The Minister gave the delegation a very positive reception and fully understood and accepted the challenges that the area faced and wishes to invest in the locality in a planned manner both for transport and tourism.He acknowledged the need for improvements to the roads and bridge at Cockhill and requested some supplemental information before coming to a final position.The Council expect to submit the supplemental information during April. COMMUNITY MOVES A STEP CLOSER TO FINALLY GETTING A NEW BRIDGE was last modified: April 2nd, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:bridgebuncranaCockhilldonegal
Easter marks the end of yet another cross country season the beginning of many road race challenges and the exciting local primary schools athletics programme in the weeks ahead.This Saturday all roads as the saying goes leads to the beautiful scenic village of Ballyliffin and the 2nd annual Coastal Challenge 2pm.An increase in numbers from 2010 is anticipated which then stood at 300 so should be an enjoyable challenge. Road circuit continues witha 3k included Easter Sunday in Letterkenny and of course the North West 10k May 1st in Letterkenny with as many as 3000 expected to turn out for what has become a serious community event.Pre entry to both these events is encouraged by visiting www.northwest10k.com and www.visitballyliffin.com.You can of course enter both on the day otherwise.And beyond that the inaugural Rundonegal Womens 5k on May 15th 11am in Glenveagh an event the initiative of current Lord mayor Cora Harvey who has brought Donegal County Co./ Coillte and just this week Lucozade on board as a product sponsor via Paul Cosgrove their local representative. Further details on this walk/run if required from firstname.lastname@example.org otherwise as with the other runs just turn up on the day . All these challenges have a common thread that being all proceeds go to various charities.The primary school sports challenge now in its 41st year is massive with local regional qualifiers in May and the finals on June 1st at Finn Valley AC.All schools in the county have beeen notified of the detailed programme this week.PATSY McGONAGLE’S ATHLETICS REPORT: was last modified: April 16th, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Donegal athleticslucozade sponsorship
England’s most successful clubs of the past decade, according to trophies won smart causal MONEY silverware ADVICE Every current Premier League club’s best kit from the past decade Cristiano Ronaldo has finally opened his Juventus account.The £99million summer signing from Real Madrid was goalless in his first three matches but got on the scoresheet with a brace against high-flying Serie A side Sassuolo. BEST OF highlights REVEALED possible standings Cristiano Ronaldo celebrates scoring for Juventus. How the Premier League table could change after the Boxing Day fixtures Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? Best clips, calls and talkSPORT moments of 2019, feat Hearn, McCoist and more Forbes list reveals how much Mayweather, Ronaldo and Messi earned this decade Latest Football News After a stalemate in the first-half, Ronaldo got the ball rolling after 50 minutes as he capitalised on some dreadful defending to tap in from one yard out.And if his first was unspectacular, his second came 15 minutes later courtesy of a fine run from ex-Liverpool star Emre Can and a sweet left-foot finished beyond Andrea Consigli.There was drama late on, though, as Khouma Babacar nodded home in added time, before Juve winger Douglas Costa was sent off for a disgusting spit on Federico Di Francesco.The victory puts Juventus top of the table by three clear points having won all of their first four games. impact Every Championship club’s best signing of the decade, including Taarabt and Dack 1 Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade Every time Ally McCoist lost it on air in 2019, including funny XI reactions RANKED Ronaldo warned Lukaku how hard scoring goals in Serie A would be before Inter move