Sunshine Coast land values and house and land packages experiencing boom driven by new Sunshine Coast University Hospital.SUNSHINE Coast vacant land values are set to continue their upward trend with house and land packages the standout performer, as the positive impact of the new University Hospital takes affect. Ray White Land Marketing director Jamie Martin said in the 12 months to June, 2016, the median price paid for land reached a new high of $567sq m, while house and land packages had shown three consecutive years of volume increases.Mr Martin said in the “Between the Lines — Sunshine Coast Vacant Land Report February 2017” that median land values had grown 4.02 per cent to $259,000 over the last year.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home2 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor8 hours ago“House and land package sales have been the stand out performer for this region, increasing their volume of sales each year for the last three years,” Mr Martin said.“There were 268 sales recorded in the year to June 2016, ahead of the 2015 and 2014 results of 253 and 185 respectively. “This number of sales is the highest recorded since 2008, highlighting the attractiveness of these packages resulting in a 6.45 per cent increase in value in the last year to $495,000.”Ray White Commercial head of research Vanessa Radar said the Sunshine Coast market was benefiting from strong investment into infrastructure projects, which is expected to continue with the opening of the Sunshine Coast University Hospital“Support businesses have been looking to position themselves around these projects and the increased population growth has confirmed the boost in employment demand across the region,” Ms Radar said.“This has been further emphasised by the improved result across the Sunshine Coast office market which, according to the Property Council, has seen vacancies fall from 14.1 per cent back in 2013 to the low of just 6.9 per cent in January, 2017.”
Auckland: India’s HS Prannoy stunned Tommy Sugiarto in straight games to sail into the men’s singles quarterfinals even as his compatriot B Sai Praneeth crashed out in the second round of the New Zealand Open badminton tournament here Thursday. Unseeded Prannoy shocked second seed Sugiarto 21-14 21-12 in just 37 minutes to book his place in the last-eight round, where he will be up against fifth seed Kanta Tsuneyama of Japan.This was world no. 26 Prannoy’s maiden meeting against world no. 13 Sugiarto. Earlier in the day, Praneeth suffered a straight-game 12-21 12-21 loss to the legendary Lin Dan of China. Seventh seed Lin Dan, thus, progressed to the quarterfinals where he will be up against top seed Anthony Sinisuka Ginting of Indonesia. Indian men’s doubles pair of Manu Attri and Sumeeth B Reddy too lost in the second round, going down against seventh seeds Goh V Shem and Tan Wee Kiong of Malaysia 17-21 19-21. For all the Latest Sports News News, Other Sports News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. London Olympics bronze medallist Saina Nehwal on Wednesday made a first round exit from the women’s singles competition after being stunned by to world number 212 Wang Zhiyi of China. In the match between Prannoy and Sugiarto, the Indian seized the initiative early on and took a 7-3 lead before extending it to 11-4.From there on, it was no looking back for Prannoy as he went on to maintain his lead all throughout and close out the game at 21-14.It was neck and neck between the two shuttlers in the first few points of the second game. In fact, Sugiarto took the initial lead at 4-2 but Prannoy came back strongly to not only level the scores but surge ahead with four consecutive winners to take a 8-4 lead.Once Prannoy took the lead, he didn’t look back and kept on maintaining the gap to seal the contest in his favour. Prannoy stuns Sugiarto in New Zealand Open. Sai Praneeth crashes out of NZ Open.Praneeth suffered a straight-game 12-21 12-21 loss. highlights
Bayern Munich have agreed a deal to sign goalkeeper Pepe Reina from Liverpool, Sky Sport reports.The Spain international, who spent last season on loan at Napoli, will join the German champions as back-up for number-one keeper Manuel Neuer if he passes a medical.A statement on the Bayern website confirmed terms have been agreed with both Reina and Liverpool.And chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said, “The player will come to Munich in the next few days for a medical examination and to sign his contract.“He was eager to come to Bayern Munich. He wanted to embark on this adventure even though he knows that, in Manuel Neuer, he has a keeper in front of him who, if nothing changes, will always remain the number one.”Reina, who will turn 32 at the end of August, was a regular at Liverpool for eight seasons before Brendan Rodgers signed Belgium’s Simon Mignolet from Sunderland last summer.