Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 08 Jul 2015 – Payments to British Atlantic Financial Services policy holders started last week and one report to Magnetic Media is that the customer in question received 25% of the cash value of their life insurance plan.It means the liquidation process is done and that, the forecast that the losses would be huge, by the Managing Director of the Financial Services Commission, Kevin Higgins was on point. BAFSL gave a vigorous fight in order to salvage the company, but Higgins told media: “Unfortunately because US interest rates went down so low the company was not able to meet the guaranteed interest rate given to policy holders.” It was said BAFSL was 6.2 million dollars in the red and at one point the PNP Administration had weighed in; asking for some leniency and proposing to bail out the indigenous company which was owned by the Methodist Church. Notices went out on Monday and policy holders have been streaming in to collect what is left of their savings after a liquidation process by PriceWaterhouseCoopers. We expect to have more on this in another newscast. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp IMF report gives warning and suggestion to refund insurance company clients Related Items:bafsl, fiancial services commission, liquidate, policy holders, pricewaterhousecoopers Surplus but no savior in PNP Administration for BAFSL Recommended for you
Categories: Healthy Living, Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter 2018 San Diego walk to cure lupus KUSI Newsroom 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI)- The autoimmune disease lupus affects 1.5 million Americans. The chronic condition strikes mostly women of childbearing age but men, children, and teenagers develop lupus as well.A 5k walk is happening this Saturday at Liberty Station to raise money to help to help find a cure.Dr. Eric Wood, a naturopathic physician, joins KUSI’s Sandra Maas to tell us more. Updated: 10:50 PM Posted: November 29, 2018 November 29, 2018 KUSI Newsroom,
But for all I know, Donahue (who blogs regularly for FOLIO:) may already have a bunch of tattoos.I’ve met him several times so if he does, he keeps them well covered.Anyway, the tattoo idea, as these things generally do, originated as aspontaneous, “half-kidding” pact—at Comic Con,no less—inspired by a science themed online tattoo gallery curated byone of Discover’s bloggers. Donahue and Plait promised to get tattoosif the site tripled its traffic.Taking it a step further, they’re engaging their audience to helpwith ideas. “Now that has actually happened, we’re committed to doingit,” said Donahue in a statement announcing the traffic spike. “I thinkI’m getting a fish and Phil is getting a galaxy, but we’re also excitedto see what the readers come up with.”Not sure how science-y a fish is, but I bet Discover’s audience willget into it with the fervor of a teachers-versus-students kickballtournament.[Photo illustration: FOLIO:] Here’s one way to drum up interest in an otherwise benign press release.Discover Magazine’s Web site hit 1.7 million uniques in March and its blog, Bad Astronomy,broke the 2 million page view barrier. The unique visitor metric isthree times the site’s traffic a year earlier. To celebrate, CEO HenryDonahue and blogger Phil Plait will be getting tattoos.Now we’ve all heard about brand ambassadors, especially amongeditors, but having the CEO drop himself into the community interplayby commemorating a brand milestone with something as permanent as atattoo is particularly cool, if not slightly weird.
Under Rogers, Johnson has also boosted its sales and editorial presence in New York City. However, Ebony posted a 2.5 percent drop in ad pages while ad pages in Jet plunged 12.9 percent through July, according to FOLIO: sister publication min. “Right now it’s so busy because we’re looking to upgrade both magazines plus the cosmetics line without losing the rich history that’s been established,” Rogers told FOLIO: earlier this year. “In no way do I want anyone to think that we’re walking away from our history. We want that old excitement back. We have to remain focused on what we’re trying to achieve as a unit.” Ebony and Jet publisher Johnson Publishing has sold a minority stake to J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. Johnson will put the funds toward its growth plan, including the development of an e-commerce business.”J.P. Morgan Chase’s investment in our firm is a logical outgrowth of our outstanding relationship. It positions Johnson Publishing for continued growth as a family-owned publisher of the Black communities most-trusted brands by providing financial resources to take our iconic Ebony and Jet magazines to the next level and accelerate our growth strategy for Fashion Fair Cosmetics,” said Johnson publishing chairman Linda Johnson Rice in a statement.Johnson Publishing has endured significant losses in magazine circulation and advertising revenue in recent years, as well as executive turnover. Last June, Anne Sempowski Ward resigned as president and COO while former White House press secretary (and Johnson consultant) Desiree Rogers was named CEO. Johnson Rice, who previously served as CEO, became chairman. Returning Ebony and Jet to rate base has been a priority and the publisher has used direct-mail and discounted subscriptions to get Ebony back to a rate base of 1.25 million while Jet‘s circulation has grown to 800,000, Rogers told Chicago Business.
Dan Cohen AUTHOR A Senate subcommittee next month will take a close look at the federal role in the contamination of local drinking water supplies by per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), Michigan Sen. Gary Peters (D) said Thursday. The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs’ Federal Spending Oversight and Emergency Management Subcommittee will hold the hearing — which is expected to include witnesses from DOD, EPA and affected Michigan communities — on Sept. 26, according to a press release. The contaminants have been detected in Michigan lakes and drinking water and outside two former bases — Wurtsmith AFB and K.I. Sawyer AFB. … A public school campus located close to the former Wurtsmith AFB, Mich., is connecting to a municipal water system because the campus well is threatened by PFAS contamination stemming from the use of firefighting foam to battle two separate fires since 1987. The foam was brought by Air force firefighters as part of mutual aid responses, reported MLive. The project, estimated to cost $123,000, received a $50,000 grant from the Agriculture Department. The Air Force is not aiding the project because PFAS levels in the school’s well are below the 70-parts-per-trilion health advisory level set by the Environmental Protection Agency and because “groundwater migration pathways from mission activities” at the base “have not been identified.”MLive photo by Jake May
Senior Republican Congressman Steve Scalise was among several victims shot and wounded at a baseball practice ahead of an annual game between lawmakers in a Washington suburb, one of his colleagues said Thursday.Fellow Republican lawmaker Mo Brooks told CNN that Scalise was shot in the hip, adding that at least two law enforcement officers and one congressional staffer were shot in Alexandria, Virginia.Scalise, the majority whip who rallies Republican votes in the House of Representatives, “was not able to move on his own power. He was dragging his body from the second base infield to the outfield to get away from the shooter while all this firing was going on,” Brooks said.The suspect is “believed in custody,” ABC reported, according to Alexandria police. Majority Whip Steve Scalise and two Capitol Police officers were shot, according to multiple reports. A reporter from Fox News also tweeted that staffers were hit.
US president Donald Trump is poised to break with US allies and withdraw his backing from the Iran nuclear accord, undermining a landmark victory of multilateral diplomacy.On Friday, the “America First” president is expected to declare to Congress that retaining the 2015 agreement is no longer in the US national interest.This in itself does not mean the deal will collapse. US lawmakers will have 60 days to decide whether they want to “snap back” the sanctions Washington has suspended.But it will mark a clear break with Washington’s allies, who have pleaded with Trump to respect the accord, and a fierce blow to the multilateral international order.The agreement was signed between Iran and six world powers — Britain, China, France, Germany, Russia and the US — at talks coordinated by the European Union.UN nuclear inspectors say Iran is meeting the technical requirements of its side of the bargain, dramatically curtailing its nuclear program in exchange for sanctions relief.So, while US officials still insist that “America First” does not mean “America Alone,” on this issue they are starkly isolated. The other signatories all back the deal.”This is the worst deal. We got nothing,” Trump thundered to Fox News on Wednesday. “We did it out of weakness when actually, we have great strength.”Trump, whose address to this year’s UN General Assembly was a hymn to national sovereignty, has been railing against the Iran deal since before he was elected.- Allies pleading -In office, he has chafed at being required under US law to re-certify Iran’s compliance with the accord every 90 days, declaring that Tehran has broken it “in spirit.”Now, as he prepares to roll out a broader US strategy to combat Iran’s expanding power in the Middle East, he feels the time has come to turn his back on the deal.Right up until the last minute, America’s closest allies have urged Trump to think again.After his nationalist UN speech, EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini warned that the deal “doesn’t belong to one country… it belongs to the international community.”US allies have not been convinced by the argument that the deal fell short because it left Iran free to develop ballistic missiles and sponsor proxy militias in its region.”Mixing everything means risking everything,” a French diplomatic source told AFP. “The existential threat is the bomb. The nuclear deal is not meant to solve Lebanon’s problems.”Europe fears not only that Iran will resume the quest for the bomb but that the US is relinquishing its leadership role in a stable, rules-based international system.On Tuesday, British Prime Minister Theresa May called the White House to impress upon her government’s “strong commitment to the deal alongside our European partners.”In parallel, her foreign minister, Boris Johnson, told his US counterpart Secretary of State Rex Tillerson “that the nuclear deal was an historic achievement.””It was the culmination of 13 years of painstaking diplomacy and has increased security, both in the region and in the UK,” he argued.But the US administration barely acknowledged the calls, and European diplomats in Washington privately complain that their message is not getting through.- ‘We will see’ -One Western diplomat said that once Trump “decertifies” the deal their efforts will move to Congress, where they will urge US lawmakers not to re-impose sanctions.”Our embassy is working with the legislature,” German foreign ministry spokesman Rainer Breul said this week. “We are looking for dialogue, to explain our arguments.”They will find some sympathetic ears in Congress but this won’t move Trump. His most senior foreign policy advisers have also urged him to back the deal, to no avail.Last week, Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis was asked whether he believes the Iran deal remains in the US national interest.”Yes, senator, I do,” he replied.”I believe at this point in time, absent indication to the contrary, it is something that the president should consider staying with.”Since that testimony, Mattis and Tillerson have had lunch with Trump and discussed Iran, but Trump later spoke once more against the deal on Fox television.”We will see what happens pretty soon,” Trump warned.On Thursday, in another dramatic sign of Washington’s foreign policy direction, the US announced that it was withdrawing from the United Nations science and cultural organization UNESCO.France’s UN ambassador expressed dismay, warning “we need an America that stays committed to world affairs.”
If you are looking for a size zero figure, then following a vegan diet that includes no animal products could offer better results than other weight-loss plans, says a study.“Vegetarian diets are more effective than non-vegetarian diets for weight loss,” said researcher Ru-Yi Huang of E-Da Hospital in Taiwan.The study reviewed the results of twelve diet trials, involving 1,151 dieters who followed a specific eating regime for between nine and 74 weeks. Also Read – ‘Playing Jojo was emotionally exhausting’Overall, individuals assigned to the vegetarian diet groups lost significantly more weight (around 2.02 kg) than dieters who ate meat and other animal products. Vegetarians who followed a vegan diet lost even more weight. Comparatively, they lost around 2.52 kg more than non-vegetarian dieters. Vegetarians who consumed dairy products and eggs lost