Venezuelan authorities detained on Sunday Colombian drug boss Carlos Alberto Rentería, alias “Beto Rentería,” for whose capture the United States has offered a reward of up to five million dollars, government sources confirmed to AFP. Rentería, sixty-five years old, was the head of the Norte del Valle cartel, one of Colombia’s most powerful drug-trafficking networks, according to the U.S. Department of State website. No details are currently available about the location of his detention or about his possible deportation. The organization led by Rentería dedicated itself for over fifteen years to processing cocaine and distributing it to Mexico and then to the United States, as the final destination. In 2004, a U.S. court issued an arrest warrant for Rentería on drug-trafficking charges. According to the court, the Norte del Valle cartel exported around five hundred tons of cocaine, valued at more than ten million dollars, from Colombia to the United States between 1990 and 2004. By Dialogo July 07, 2010
After weeks of hurricanes, and now wildfires, it’s more important than ever for credit unions to be prepared for disasters. Federally insured credit unions are required to have disaster recovery and business resumption plans to address all types of disruptions.These disruptions can range from a power outage to a natural disaster physically destroying a credit union’s premises.Per NCUA, a disaster preparedness program should:Be commensurate with the institution’s complexity of operations;Minimize interruptions of service to members and maintain member confidence in times of emergency; andBe reviewed at least annually, and address changes in the credit union’s operations.NCUA’s Catastrophic Act Preparedness Guidelines (NCUA’s Part 749, Appendix B) provides recommendations for developing and maintaining a disaster recovery program with the oversight and approval of the board of directors. 12SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr continue reading »
Advertisement Comment Metro Sport ReporterSaturday 15 Aug 2020 11:17 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link9.3kShares Gabriel is set to join either Arsenal or Napoli from Lille (Picture: Getty)Arsenal have had a €30million bid accepted by Lille for Gabriel Magalhaes with the Brazilian defender now set to choose between a move to the Gunners or Napoli.Manchester United had also been interested in signing the 22-year-old but according to Le 10 Sport they will now switch their focus to attempting to agree a deal to bring Monaco’s Benoit Badiashile to Old Trafford instead. Everton had also expressed an interest in signing Gabriel but were reported to have had a €20m offer rejected earlier this week.Napoli signed Gabriel’s now former team-mate Victor Osimhen earlier this summer for an initial €60m but have lost out to Arsenal in recent years with the likes of Bernd Leno, Lucas Torreira and Nicolas Pepe all favouring moves to north London.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTMikel Arteta is keen to strengthen his defence during the transfer window, particularly given he is said to be giving consideration to reverting to a 4-3-3 formation next season. Man Utd are targeting a move for Monaco’s Benoit Badiashile (Picture: Getty)Arsenal will listen to offers for the likes of Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Calum Chambers and Rob Holding, while Shkodran Mustafi could also be deemed surplus to requirements. William Saliba has returned from his loan spell at Saint Etienne, while both Pablo Mari and David Luiz, fresh from signing new deals, will compete for first team places. Gabriel is expected to make his decision, meanwhile, imminently with Lille president Gerard Lopez confirming the Ligue 1 club will not stand in his way. ‘The way we work is very simple,’ he told BBC World Service. ‘We explain to him and his environment, his agent, what we are looking for, and once we get those offers the choice is his, like we did with Nico [Pepe] and Victor [Oshimen]. More: Manchester United FCRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starNew Manchester United signing Facundo Pellistri responds to Edinson Cavani praiseEx-Man Utd coach blasts Ed Woodward for two key transfer errors‘We are there now, so we told him, ‘Eventually you have to make a decision but we’re not pressing you’.‘I think he will make it this week, or next week at the latest. He is leaving, we’ve given the OK for that. ‘There’s a lot of competition. He’s a young player so he’s got to make sure he makes the right decision.‘We help him out a little bit so we tell him, ‘We think this might be the right manager or club for you’. ‘He’s got so much talent, he will succeed wherever he goes.’MORE: Arsenal hero Paul Merson endorses Chelsea’s transfer move for £80m target Declan RiceMORE: Thomas Partey told to reject Arsenal move by Ghana coach CK AkonnorFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page. Advertisement Arsenal transfer boost as Man Utd pull out of Gabriel race to focus on signing Monaco star
Auckland: India’s HS Prannoy stunned Tommy Sugiarto in straight games to sail into the men’s singles quarterfinals even as his compatriot B Sai Praneeth crashed out in the second round of the New Zealand Open badminton tournament here Thursday. Unseeded Prannoy shocked second seed Sugiarto 21-14 21-12 in just 37 minutes to book his place in the last-eight round, where he will be up against fifth seed Kanta Tsuneyama of Japan.This was world no. 26 Prannoy’s maiden meeting against world no. 13 Sugiarto. Earlier in the day, Praneeth suffered a straight-game 12-21 12-21 loss to the legendary Lin Dan of China. Seventh seed Lin Dan, thus, progressed to the quarterfinals where he will be up against top seed Anthony Sinisuka Ginting of Indonesia. Indian men’s doubles pair of Manu Attri and Sumeeth B Reddy too lost in the second round, going down against seventh seeds Goh V Shem and Tan Wee Kiong of Malaysia 17-21 19-21. For all the Latest Sports News News, Other Sports News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. London Olympics bronze medallist Saina Nehwal on Wednesday made a first round exit from the women’s singles competition after being stunned by to world number 212 Wang Zhiyi of China. In the match between Prannoy and Sugiarto, the Indian seized the initiative early on and took a 7-3 lead before extending it to 11-4.From there on, it was no looking back for Prannoy as he went on to maintain his lead all throughout and close out the game at 21-14.It was neck and neck between the two shuttlers in the first few points of the second game. In fact, Sugiarto took the initial lead at 4-2 but Prannoy came back strongly to not only level the scores but surge ahead with four consecutive winners to take a 8-4 lead.Once Prannoy took the lead, he didn’t look back and kept on maintaining the gap to seal the contest in his favour. Prannoy stuns Sugiarto in New Zealand Open. Sai Praneeth crashes out of NZ Open.Praneeth suffered a straight-game 12-21 12-21 loss. highlights
8 January 2010 As the South African wine industry continues to grow its exports despite the global recession, it is also achieving increasing international recognition for its ethical approach to winemaking. Within the space of a few weeks in November, South Africa was acknowledged by influential UK trade publication The Drinks Business, winning its Ethical Award for 2009, while also earning the lion’s share of trophies and prizes in the Fairtrade Wine Committee’s competition for best wines of the year, held in London. “It is fitting that after our re-entry into world markets just over 15 years ago, we should become leaders in establishing ethical standards, as we redress the wrongs of the past and promote a better quality of life for many of the people on whom the recent success of our industry has been built,” Wines of South Africa (WOSA) CEO Su Birch said in a statement last month. She added that the awards had come at a particularly important time. “Worldwide, as businesses face increasing economic pressure, workers become more vulnerable. We are able to show that tougher trading conditions do not necessarily have to impact on ethical labour standards.”Project Laduma The Ethical Award was presented to Project Laduma, WOSA’s programme to train 2 010 wine stewards ahead of the 2010 Fifa World Cup, funded mainly through the sale of Fundi Wines, created for the purpose. These wines are selling in a range of markets abroad, including the UK, North America and Japan. Candidates for training are drawn from both the hospitality industry and the ranks of the unemployed. Charlotte Hey, director of The Drinks Business, said the Fundi project impressed the judges as an initiative that would have real value and benefit on an ethical level. “The idea of combining an international event with education and training in wine for people who would not necessarily get a chance to learn about the product shone above the other entries in the category,” Hey said. “The essence of the Wine Innovation Awards is both to innovate and inspire, and the Fundi project is the embodiment of what these awards stand for.” Others short-listed for the Ethical Award were the UK retailer The Co-operative Group; Cullen Wines in Australia; and South Africa’s Women in Wine, the country’s first all-women owned and managed company operating in the wine industry.Fairtrade At the Fairtrade Wine Committee’s competition, South African producers won the 2009 trophies for Best Overall Fairtrade Wine, Best Fairtrade Red Wine and Best Fairtrade White Wine. The top prize and also the prize for best red went to Isabelo Pinotage 2008, while the prize for the best white went to Six Hats Sauvignon Blanc 2009. The title of Best Fairtrade Sparkling Wine was won by the Co-operative Fairtrade Cape Sparkling Rose NV, produced by Du Toitskloof Cellars. Decanter, a prominent British consumer magazine with an international readership, chose six South African wines for its top ten list of Fairtrade wines. These included wines from Isabelo, Hope’s Garden, Thandi, Fairhills and two produced for the Co-operative Group. Fairtrade, initiated to protect workers across a range of industries, has helped to focus international attention on the importance of fair labour practices in promoting socio-economic sustainability. Research conducted by Globescan earlier last year found that 87% of UK consumers believed the issue of payment to farmers or their workers in developing countries was important. The first Fairtrade certified wine to be launched in the UK was a South African product, Thandi Pinot Noir. “There are now more than 250 Fairtrade-certified wines available in the UK, sourced from South Africa, Chile and Argentina,” Birch said. According to Kate Lewis, Fairtrade’s business development manager, close on 4.5-million litres of Fairtrade-certified wines were sold in the UK last year. In 2008, Britons spent over £700-million on all Fairtrade goods, including wine, an increase of 43% on 2007. “Many South African wine producers have embraced the Fairtrade principles while building their quality credentials,” Lewis said. “The Fairtrade Wine Committee awards, now in their fourth year, show just how well they are doing.” Birch said that WIETA, the Agricultural Ethical Trading Initiative SA, founded in 2002, had also helped local producers to raise working conditions on wine farms. The organisation had established a code of good practice governing labour standards to encourage reform. It was also collaborating with major retailers abroad to build support for its objectives. Earlier last year, WOSA was selected for The Drinks Business Green List for its role in building public awareness of the environment. WOSA was listed in fifth position, just behind US President Barack Obama (in fourth), but ahead of any other national wine marketing body. South Africa boasts the fastest growth rate of wine sales among its competitors in the UK, with a volume share of the market at just over 10%. SAinfo reporter Would you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See: Using SAinfo material
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest OPC awarded 15 scholarships for a total of $8,500.Four $750 and eleven $500 scholarships were awarded. Recipients include: Daniella Straathof, Washington Court House, $750; Meghan Bruns, Fort Loramie, $750; Megan Harris, Yellow Springs, $750; Matt Shoup, Smithville, $750; Garrit Sproull, Uhrichsville, $500; Brooke Anderson, Xenia, $500; Kayle Ort, Bucyrus, $500; Macie Wippel, Orient, $500; Mallorie Wippel, Orient, $500; Katie Siegel, Marion, $500;David Seidel, Greenwich, $500; Nicole Straathof, Washington Court House, $500; Grant Price, Tiffin, $500; Ray Stahl, New Washington, $500; and Crystal Pennewitt, Wilmington, $500.The Ohio Pork Council Women also awarded a $500 scholarship this year. The recipient is Kayle Ort, Bucyrus, $500. The Dick Isler Scholarship Fund awarded a $1,000 scholarship this year. The recipient is Larissa Stover, Prospect, $1,000.
Hustlers ask for what they want.If a hustler wants a job, they ask for the job. They don’t interview for the job, leave the interview, and wait for the call. When they leave the interview, they ask for the job. They say, “I’d very much like this opportunity. I won’t let you down. Can I have the job?”The non-hustler is afraid to ask for the job. They fear that they might be rejected. They’d rather not hear a “no” from a person sitting across from them, so they can’t risk asking.Hustlers ask for the appointments they want, too. If hustler wants an appointment with their dream client, their childhood hero, or a date with a person to whom they are attracted, they ask. If they want (or need) to spend time with someone, they ask for the appointment. They don’t wait to be invited.Non-hustling types are afraid to ask for time with other people. They don’t have enough confidence in themselves, and their lack of confidence mostly stems from the fact that they don’t value themselves highly enough. “Why would anyone want to spend time with me,” they think.Whatever a hustler wants, they ask for. They are unafraid and unapologetic. The hustler knows that you very often get what you ask for, and you never get something you really want by waiting for someone to give it you.The hustler knows that people can’t read your mind, and they don’t know you want something unless you tell them you want it. They know that people say “yes” to people they believe really want something.The willingness to ask makes hustlers natural closers. They ask their dream clients for their business because they know that their dream client wants to give the business to someone who truly wants it. Your dream clients want to give their business to someone who is serious about doing the work and making a difference.The non-hustler hates to ask anyone for anything. They’d rather do without than be rejected, embarrassed, or assertive. Because they never ask, they never receive. And their lives are less than they should be.Hustlers ask. Essential Reading! Get my first book: The Only Sale Guide You’ll Ever Need “The USA Today bestseller by the star sales speaker and author of The Sales Blog that reveals how all salespeople can attain huge sales success through strategies backed by extensive research and experience.” Buy Now
Indian wrestler Amit Kumar moved into the quarterfinals of the men’s 55kg event while his compatriot Narsingh Pancham Yadav lost his 74kg first round bout to Canadian Matthew Judah Gentry at the London Olympics on Friday.Kumar defeated Iran’s Hassan Sabzali Rahimi 3-1 here at the ExCel North Arena 2.Kumar, who received a first round bye, will next face the winner of the bout between Bulgarian Radoslav Marinov Velikov and Vladimer Khinchegashvili of Georgia. Kumar is the youngest Indian wrestler to qualify for the Olympics.Narsingh went down 1-3 to Gentry. The Indian’s medal chances are still alive if Gentry qualifies for the final as this would allow Narsingh to wrestle in the repechage round for a bronze medal.