Reuters MaranelloFebruary 15, 2019UPDATED: February 15, 2019 18:56 IST Ferrari presented the SF90 with plenty of fanfare at their Maranello factory (Photo tweeted by @ScuderiaFerrari)HIGHLIGHTSFerrari unveiled the Formula One car for the upcoming 2019 season on FridayFerrari last won a title more than a decade ago and finished runners-up last year”I think the team is on the right path and hopefully we can continue improving,” Sebastian Vettel saidFerrari turned a page on their recent past on Friday as they unveiled the Formula One car designed to end an era of Mercedes domination and shatter Lewis Hamilton’s dreams of a sixth championship this season.The sport’s oldest and most successful team, who last won a title more than a decade ago and finished runners-up last year, presented the SF90 with plenty of fanfare at their Maranello factory.”I’m looking forward to this year. I think the team is on the right path and hopefully we can continue improving,” four times world champion Sebastian Vettel, winner of five races in 2018, assured the audience.Newborn #SF90Discover all contents at https://t.co/bS2YGkBDkv#essereFerrari pic.twitter.com/FvzpUdWrGtScuderia Ferrari (@ScuderiaFerrari) February 15, 2019The German has a new teammate in Charles Leclerc, replacing 2007 champion Kimi Raikkonen, and a new principal following the departure of Maurizio Arrivabene and appointment of Mattia Binotto.”I’m extremely excited to start this new adventure,” said Leclerc. “It’s a dream since childhood. I’ve always been looking at the red cars, hoping to be one day in this car, so it’s a very emotional day for me.”Ferrari chief executive Louis Camilleri said Raikkonen, now at Alfa Romeo, and Arrivabene would always be part of Ferrari’s history but made clear the team was entering a new era.Noting that Ferrari had enjoyed their best season in 10 years, he said they had still fallen short of their objectives in a setback that was “never easy to swallow.advertisement”I can assure you that we look ahead with strong commitment and determination,” he added.Camilleri said Vettel was as hungry as ever, and Leclerc a youngster with a great future.He hailed Binotto as a “team player, decisive, talented and determined to make a huge difference at all levels.””Despite all the obvious pressure that exists, the atmosphere in the team from top to bottom will be one in which serenity will prevail,” said Camilleri.”It is a precondition to a tightly-knit team where creativity, talent and transparency will flourish.”Ferrari were far from serene under Arrivabene, adopting something of a siege mentality with the media often shut out and insiders talking of a climate of fear at Maranello.Binotto said there were a lot of positives to take from 2018 but the new car was a step up.”We simply tried to raise the bar, raise the level, tried to be as extreme as we could,” he added. “Certainly we tried to push very hard, being innovative. The roll hoop is very narrow and very slim. The bodywork from the back, very slim.”In terms of engine installation, power unit installation, packaging, a lot of effort has been done and I think the final shape is the result of all these efforts.”Testing starts in Spain on Monday with the first race in Australia on March 17.Also Watch:For sports news, updates, live scores and cricket fixtures, log on to indiatoday.in/sports. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for Sports news, scores and updates.Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from Post your comment Do You Like This Story? Awesome! Now share the story Too bad. Tell us what you didn’t like in the comments Posted byJepher Nickels Tags :Follow FerrariFollow Formula OneFollow Sebastian VettelFollow Charles Leclerc Ferrari unveil new car designed to end an era of Mercedes dominationFerrari, Formula One’s oldest and most successful team, presented the SF90 with plenty of fanfare at their Maranello factory. Ferrari last won a title more than a decade ago and finished runners-up last season.advertisement Next
Washington: Within two weeks it covertly launched a cyber attack against Iranian intelligence group’s computer systems that control rocket and missile launches, the US Cyber Command on Wednesday issued an unprecedented warning, saying it has discovered the “active malicious use” of a Microsoft Outlook vulnerability linked to Iran. The vulnerability is a security bug that Microsoft patched in Outlook in 2017 but several unpatched computers are still at risk. Also Read – Spotify rolls out Siri support, new Apple TV app In a tweet, US Cyber Command said: “USCYBERCOM has discovered active malicious use of “CVE-2017-11774″ and recommends immediate #patching.” According to a ZDNet report, the bug “CVE-2017-11774” discovered first by SensePost researchers had been “weaponized by an Iranian state-sponsored hacking group known as APT33 (or Elfin), primarily known for developing the Shamoon disk-wiping malware” — another hacking tool developed by the APT33 group. Also Read – New Instagram tool to help users spot phishing emails The Outlook bug allows a threat actor to escape from the Outlook sandbox and run malicious code on the underlying operating system. “In December 2018, ATP33 hackers were using the vulnerability to deploy backdoors on web servers, which they were later using to push the CVE-2017-11774 exploit to users’ inboxes, so they can infect their systems with malware,” said the report. Cyber security firm FireEye has also reported extensively on Iran-linked APT33. “Over the past few years, we have been tracking a separate, less widely known suspected Iranian group with potential destructive capabilities, whom we call APT33,” FireEye said recently. The analysis reveals that APT33 is a capable group that has carried out cyber espionage operations since at least 2013 “at the behest of the Iranian government”. APT33 has targeted organisations — spanning multiple industries — headquartered in the US, Saudi Arabia and South Korea. The possible Iran-linked attack comes in the wake of the US cyberattack last month that targeted computer systems used to control missile and rocket launches for potential disruption. The strikes, approved by the US President Donald Trump, were carried out by US Cyber Command in coordination with US Central Command. The attack came during the peak of tensions this week between the US and Iran over a series of incidents across the Middle East, including Tehran’s shooting down of an American reconnaissance drone. It also came as US fears have grown that Iran may seek to lash out with cyberattacks of its own, as multiple cybersecurity firms said they had already seen signs Tehran is targeting relevant computer networks for intrusion and appeared particularly focused on the US government and the American energy sector, including oil and gas providers.